Tuesday, November 30, 2010

i am/want (to work on)

THE process
-
facing myself
-
independence
-
self-sufficiency
-
letting myself be bad at things
-
experimentation with things i don't have command over
-
facing my humanness, accepting it, valuing it
-
definitions of beauty and perfection
-
a space to suck
-
growing up feeling anything but creative - thinking it wasn't in me, i wasn't capable of it - in constant immersion of activities with clear cut right and wrong, good and bad, success and failure: catholic church, ballet, classical violin, concerto competitions, seat checks in orchestra...
-
i fear you? well then i'm going to walk toward you.
-
i want to write. i want to dance. i want to work with sound in new ways. i want to experiment. i want to be self-sufficient in these ways. i want to eliminate excuses.
-
i want to dismantle my relationship to violin/music/art/dance/what it means to be an artist/what work is or isn't/what i should or shouldn't be doing...
-
letting myself be human - perfection and beauty in imperfection

No comments: